Monday, May 23, 2011

Fifth Finish of 2011: Floralgraphix Pillows


I don’t know why it took me so long to get up the courage to make pillows! After making a few, I find them to be quick and easy projects. For me, the most challenging part is making sure the cover fits the pillow form. For some reason, the pillows forms that I buy are not true to size.


After making a hexagon pillow for a friend, I knew I had to make one for myself. I’ve heard of people getting burnt out on English paper pieced hexagons, but this is my third (small) hexagon project and I still love them. To go with the hexagon pillow, I chose to make a plus pillow. I have long admired the plus quilts I have seen on the blogosphere, but have been intimidated by them. I thought that I couldn’t make one for myself since I don’t have a design wall where I can plan the fabric placement. I am very happy with how my pillow turned out, but am not sure that I would make a plus quilt, still due to the lack of design wall.


The fabric for both these fabrics is one of Jason Yenter’s Floralgraphix lines, for In the Beginning Fabrics, plus one Tula Pink fabric that coordinates well. My mom made me a diamond quilt and then gave me the scraps. It lives on the banister in our living room and I felt it needed a couple pillows to keep it company. I still have a ton of scraps left over, so maybe one day I will make a table runner to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment