Thursday, August 4, 2011

Eleventh Finish of 2011: Batik Quilt


Despite myself, I am really enjoying the Finish It Up! Challenge. Having two finishes in one week is rare for me. This quilt started out as a kit I received as a gift: Salt-Water Taffy by Amy Walsh/Blue Underground Studios, featuring Tonga Batiks by Timeless Treasures.


I liked the block pattern, but the placement wasn’t really doing it for me, so I changed it. I also took a few of the blocks and made a table runner for the same person that I gave this quilt to, since she loves batiks so much. I used yellow thread to machine quilt this project in a crosshatch pattern. Overall, I was pleased with the results. The recipient was even more pleased.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, that is beautiful! I really like that you changed the layout of the blocks. Much more interesting that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just darling! So glad the recipient was please - I was sure she would be!! (I want to hear more!) Congrats on another finish {woot!}.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way tossing the blocks turned out. Reminds me of a pile of packages wrapped with string!

    ReplyDelete