Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WIP Wednesday: August 3, 2011

This week, I focused on finishing the two quilts that I machine quilted last week. I was tempted by some of my other projects, but stayed strong and finished both of them! I blogged about the Aqua and Red table runner earlier this week and will blog about the Batik quilt after I gift it. With the end of the Finish It Up! Challenge around the corner, I am trying to focus on the quilts that I can finish soonest, rather than the quilts I’d like to work on.


Check out Freshly Pieced for more WIP Wednesday goodness.

Current Projects

Scrappy Green Quilt (aka Unblogable #5): For a year or so, this project has languished out of sight, awaiting borders. I am not fond of borders. Since the intended recipient doesn’t know that I’m making it for her, I haven’t been motivated to work on it until this week. I have admired Kati’s A Day at the Aquarium quilt for some time. Recently, I reread her post on that quilt’s backing and realized that her technique would be perfect for this quilt! I’m looking forward to turning this stack of fabric into a fun, improvisational back.


On Hold
Call Me Crazy {17/42 blocks complete}
Color Book
Kaleidoscope Quilt Along {15/35 blocks complete}
Scrappy Nine-Patch {12/70 blocks complete}
Warm Cool Quilt Along
Valentine’s Day Half-Square Triangles

Stats
New projects: 0
Completed projects: 2
Total projects: 12

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. oh, what lovely greens! Excited to see the back you come up with! Congrats on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that stack of greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for staying strong! I have a really hard time doing that and not jumping right into a more exciting project. Beautiful greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those greens are great, nice you have found the best use for them. Nice to have some finishes too.

    ReplyDelete