Friday, October 7, 2011

Flashback Friday #8: Diamond Runner


One of my favorite things about quilting is that it is a good excuse to spend quality time with my mom. A few years ago, we both fell in love with the pattern On a Roll from the April 2008 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting. We each bought a jelly roll of Deb Strain’s fabric Celebrating Spring and spent a day piecing our table runners together. I love how this table runner turned out, but it taught me an important lesson: I like binding. This pattern calls for the table runner to be pieced, turned and slip stitched like a bag or something similar, which I don’t particularly care for in a table runner I had quite a few strips left over from this project and even made two more table runners with this fabric. The Diamond Runner was finished in the spring of 2008 and now lives on my desk at work.

2 comments:

  1. Great colors! But yes, I agree, I think binding is much better on a project like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilting with you too! It's the best!!

    ReplyDelete