Monday, January 23, 2012

Purple Pearl Mini Quilt


For my grandmother’s birthday recently, I made her a mini quilt. When I first saw Lizzy House’s Pearl Bracelet fabric, I knew that I had to use it in a present for my grandma. You see, my late grandfather used to lovingly call her his “pearl of great price.” He passed away this last spring, and our family misses him very much.



Keeping the pearl theme in mind, I embroidered Proverbs 31:10 and then bordered the embroidery with two rows of 1” by 1” squares. I just made it up as I went along. It finished at about 9” by 10.5”.



Since this was a birthday present, I also made a coordinating gift bag. I used the same fabrics in a block from the book Modern Blocks. The block is Everything Equal by Louise Papas. Both the mini quilt and the gift bag were made entirely out of scraps.

5 comments:

  1. It's a great scripture and what a beautiful thing for your grandfather to have said about his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you pack some tissues with that. You are going to make her cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I didn't realize the gift bag front was a block from Modern Blocks! Love that you coordinated it with the mini quilt. Very nice, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very blessed with such a thoughtful grand-daughter. Thank you not only for the "special" gift, but for how you Bless me! Certainly a memory of being loved (by Papa and You too).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Sis. Very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete