Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Special Sorbet at Carmelita

My favorite vegetarian restaurant in the whole wide world is Carmelita in Seattle. While I am not vegetarian myself, several of my friends are at least quasi vegetarian. One place we can always agree on is Carmelita, as everything on the menu is vegetarian, and there are always several vegan and gluten-free options as well. Most importantly, the food is amazing! The dishes are made with seasonal ingredients and great skill. There is always something new and different to try. To top it all off, they often give special treatment to diners celebrating a special occasion. Recently, a few friends and I ate there to celebrate two birthdays. To mark the occasion, the server brought us the most delicious before-dinner treat: Vanilla Date Sorbet with Almond Balsamic Reduction. I could have eaten just that and left happy. If you’re ever in Seattle and are looking for a special occasion vegetarian restaurant, Carmelita is the place for you. Just don't forget to try the seasonal sorbet.

Photo by Jenelle Birnbaum
Linking up to Tuesday at the Table at A Quilter’s Table.

1 comment: