Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Work In Progress Wednesday: May 9, 2012

Now that I have returned from my unplanned sewing and blogging hiatus, it seems only appropriate to review my current Work in Progress List.

2012 Memory Quilt: This year’s memory quilt consists of 6.5” blocks representing each quilt I make this year. The next block I need to make is for my Sunshiny Day Quilt. I am hoping to finish this at the very end of 2012 or the beginning of 2013.



Between the Cats Baby Quilt: I really need to finish this, because every time my sweet girl sees it, she grabs it and says, “My! My! My!”. Luckily, all that’s left is hand sewing the binding on, so it should be ready for her to drag around the house soon.



Color Me Crazy Lap Quilt: This quilt has been so much fun to work on. The blocks have been finished for a good while, but I have yet to sew them together. I’d like to finish it in time to enter it in the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild Exhibition.



Scrappy Green Lap Quilt: The top and back of this quilt were completed ages ago, and have been languishing in a closet ever since. I’ll finish it when I finish it.



Scrappy Nine-Patch Doll Quilt: It feels like I started this quilt forever ago. Originally inspired by the one a day quilt along at crazy mom quilts, I made a few blocks here and here and then lost steam. I still like the pattern, but have so many new designs I want to make. I’m going to make a (rather large) doll quilt for my sweet girl so that I can get this off my WIP list.



Valentine’s Day Lap Quilt: All the big blocks are pieced and most of the little half-square triangles are pieced. Since I started this back in July of 2011, ideally it would be finished by July 2012.


Zigzag Baby Quilt: This is my top priority at the moment as the intended recipient is expected to arrive any day now. The top is pieced and I hope to quilt it this weekend.


Don’t forget to stop by Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. Love your idea for the 2012 memory quilt-very fun! And great idea to make the scrappy 9-patch a doll quilt - since we know sweet girl LOVES them! Good luck on your almost-finishes!! You're doing fantastic on your w.i.p. list!

    ReplyDelete