Monday, June 11, 2012

Between the Cats Crib Quilt


My first introduction to modern quilting was via FunQuilts, now known as Modern Quilt Studio. I have long admired their patterns. The first one I chose to make was a freebie from their website. Between the Lines is simple, small, and perfect for showcasing favorite prints, such as the ones I hoarded from Benartex’s Paris Cats line.



I finished piecing the top in July 2010, while I was pregnant with my sweet daughter. It sat neglected as my focus shifted to the challenges of pregnancy and then caring for an infant. After I finished the twin-sized Kitty Kaleidoscope for my sweet girl last December, I decided that this quilt would be the perfect crib quilt for her, even though she already has quite a few baby quilts made by family and friends. I machined quilted in the ditch along the purple sashing, and then added some hand quilting to one block in each row for added interest. I finished this quilt in May 2012, close to two years after I started it.



When I presented it to my sweet daughter, she said “Ooooooh!” High prize from a toddler! She then promptly used it to cover one of her dolls. Guess I need to make a matching doll quilt now.



Linking up with Sew Modern Monday, since this pattern is most definitely modern.

UPDATE: Also linking up to Summer Sewing Contest.


Ellison Lane Quilts

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! Your sweet girl has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks really pretty! Purple is one of my favorite colors. :) The quilting looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What a great quilt--so simple, but very eye-catching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your color choices on all of the elements of the quilt. I agree on the quilting - the detail photo looks perfect. Yea for a finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the colors! I am your newest follower. Check out my own quilting adventures at www.piecedbrain.com and follow me, too, if you like what you see! Have a productive week.

    ReplyDelete