Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Yogurtland: Tastes Like Summer


It’s no secret that I am a big fan of frozen yogurt. My sweet husband and I stop by our local Menchie’s on the flimsiest of pretexts. As much as I love Menchie’s, I am always on the lookout for new (to me) yogurt places to try. Recently, a friend and I stopped by Yogurtland in Wallingford, and I must say I was not disappointed. Where our local Menchie’s is cozy and somewhat inconveniently laid out, Yogurtland is spacious and flows well. At Menchie’s, I usually get a variation of the same thing, but Yogurtland boasted such a plethora of intriguing flavors that I branched out and tried their seasonal Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet and topped it off with fresh fruit and Fruity Pebbles. 

It tasted like summer. Not my adult summers, when I get cranky in the heat and make excuses to stay in the shade, but the summers of my childhood, when I spent entire days reading, swam until I was all wrinkles, and roasted marshmallows over campfires. Isn’t it amazing when a bite of something can transport you to another time and place?


Linking up with Tuesday at the Table.
 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice place to visit....childhood, and yogurt shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! What a sweet and perfect foodie post! Love when food transports you! Thanks, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete