Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Camera Strap Covers


Sewing Summit is nearly upon us! I am, of course, taking my camera. Since DSLRs tend to look very similar at a glance, I was worried that my camera might get mixed up with someone else’s at such a big event. The solution presented itself via Issue Seventeen of the Mollie Makes magazine: a camera strap cover! The one in the magazine is awesome, but as it seemed rather too complicated for my timeline, I simplified.

Once I measured my camera strap and calculated the necessary seam allowances, it was a breeze to piece a fabric strip of the correct dimensions and turn it into a fun camera strap. I liked how it turned out so much that I made one for my mom, too! In hers, I incorporated one of her personalized labels, which was fun. Since making my camera strap cover, I have used my camera a few times and found that I much prefer the feel of the cover to that of the original strap. I can’t wait to use it more at Sewing Summit later this week!

1 comment: