Monday, March 11, 2013

Twinkle Twinkle Wiksten Tank


Ever since I fell in love with Lizzy House’s Pearl Bracelet fabric, I have anxiously awaited each of her new collections. I was especially excited about Constellations, since it features fabrics in several shades of blue, a color I can never get enough of. Then I started to see pictures of Twinkle Twinkle in Natural on the blogosphere. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be my favorite fabric out of all the awesome Constellations fabrics! While I look forward to using it in quilts eventually, I couldn’t wait to make a garment out of it. Since I already owned the Wiksten tank pattern, when I found myself in possession of a few free hours, I broke out the pattern, some freezer paper and a few yards of fabric, and set to work making a Twinkle Twinkle Tank.



Photo by Debbie Jeske

Last time, the instructions for finishing the armholes and neckhole left me baffled and I ended up winging it. This time, I read through the instructions several times and studied the accompanying photos intently. All at once, I realized my previous mistake. I had been trying to bind the garment like a quilt! Once I let go of that preconception, finishing this tank was a breeze. In fact, I was able to finish this shirt the same day that I started it! I’ve already set aside fabric to make another one. Sewing my own clothes is just too much fun.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice you could do this one so quickly! It's very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun, isn't it? I have been meaning to try that pattern. Your tank (that sounds weird...) is beautiful, and I think you made an awesome fabric choice. You can't go wrong with Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and your hair is super cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank is super cute! hair is super cute! Outfit is super cute!
    Love!

    You will need to teach me how to make this someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this top! I was thinking of using this fabric for a top too, but I'm too pale. Better find another project for this pretty fabric :).

    ReplyDelete