Monday, May 19, 2014

Me-Made-May’14: Week 3

Can you believe that May is more than halfway over? For Me-Made-May Week #3, I made a conscious effort to branch out from my standard Wiksten Tank/sweater/jeans/Toms uniform. For Mother’s Day, I wore the dressiest handmade garment I have: my Crazy Cat Lady Dress. While I’m still disappointed with it, the fit issues were adequately covered up with a sweater, and I received a few compliments throughout the day. This week was the first time since I finished this dress that I seriously considered trying this pattern again, as it really is quite comfy.


Speaking of trying patterns again, I closed out the week with not one, but two Staple outfits: my Domino Staple Dress from last year and my recently finished Staple Tunic, which I adapted from the Staple Dress pattern. I’m really pleased with how the Staple Tunic turned out, and will write up a separate blog post later on. All in all, I’m happy with my Me-Made-May outfits so far. 

Sunday, May 11, 2014: Crazy Cat Lady Dress
Monday, May 12, 2014: Pearl Bracelet Wiksten Tank
Tuesday, May 13, 2014: Cattitude Wiksten Tank
Wednesday, May 14, 2014: Twinkle Twinkle Wiksten Tank
Thursday, May 15, 2014: Grey Eyelet Wiksten Tank
Friday, May 16, 2014: Domino Staple Dress
Saturday, May 17, 2014: Pastry Line Staple Tunic (not yet blogged)

1 comment: