Monday, September 1, 2014

Fresh Sewing Day: August 2014


Well, August was an excellent month for garment sewing! I completed a woven Myrtle Dress, a voile Belcarra Blouse, kid-sized City Gym Shorts and a knit Myrtle Dress, which I still need to blog about. It’s very gratifying to have so many finished objects in one month, even though sewing garments leaves less time for working on my quilts.


On the quilting front, I managed to make the last two blocks for my patriotic x and + quilt and piece together the top. I’m not going to machine quilt it until after I’ve completed the quilting on my glam clam quilt, which has been challenging to say the least. I’ve made progress by unpicking all the parts that I was unhappy with. Looking forward to even more sewing in September!


Fresh Sewing Day

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy! I love the navy, polka-dot dress, and the little, pink shorts are so cute! Great quilt, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great month! So pleased you conquered your first knit garment! And I'm pleased the little one approves of the shorts!!

    ReplyDelete