Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Musings

While I don’t have any finished projects to post this week, I still have a few things I wanted to share with my blogosphere buddies.

Favorite New-to-Me Fabric Type: Recently I backed a quilt with flannel for the first time, and I love it! The flannel was as easy to sew with as quilting cotton, and the end result is so soft and cozy. I purchased some more flannel from District Fabric and can’t wait to try to make a garment with it.

Favorite New-to-Me Blog: This week, I discovered Bimble + Pimble and immediately added it to my Bloglovin’ feed. Her writing style is fresh and entertaining, and I get a kick out of how every post is titled “Amanda Vs [Pattern].” She had also made lots of patterns that I’ve been considering, so I need to set aside some time to read her archive.

Possible Favorite New Pattern: As a vertically challenged, pear-shaped woman, I tend to have a hard time shopping for jeans. That is why I’m super excited about the new Ginger Jeans pattern from Closet Case Files. I’ve read good things about her previous patterns, so I took the plunge and bought the Ginger Jeans pattern and kit. This is definitely going to be a challenge, but I’m looking forward to it.

Possible Favorite New Publication: Now that I’ve successfully completed a Colette pattern, I hope to sew some of the new patterns that will be released via their new Seamwork magazine that is scheduled to debut next month. Based on the introductory blog post, it sounds like these new patterns will be less time intensive, so I can slow down and focus on grading the patterns to fit my body type. I do love the Colette aesthetic, so I can’t wait to see what they come up with next.

That’s all for now, dear readers. I hope you have a good week and are excited about whatever you are sewing.

1 comment:

  1. Yay about the flannel, fun about the blog, yikes about the new pattern (but good luck!!), and cool about the new publication. Lots to be excited about!

    ReplyDelete