Wednesday, May 18, 2016

April 2016 in Review

Here we are halfway through May and I haven’t recapped April yet! Life has been extra busy lately, but I managed to accomplish a number of things last month on various creative fronts:


Finishes

Finished my first knit cowl! I used one of the skeins of "yarn in a jar" that I dyed last December, and just knit garter stitch back and forth on size 8 needles. I was going to use both skeins and make it longer, but my daughter claimed it for herself, so I ended up making it child-sized.

Finished a simple half double crochet cowl made from indie dyed yarn from House of a la Mode. The gray wasn't terribly exciting to knit, but the yarn is super soft and squishy. I know I will wear this scarf a ton next fall and winter. Last winter, I kept reaching for it and then realizing that I hadn't finished it yet, which is a good sign.



New Projects

Started my second knit project, using the free Honey Cowl pattern from Madeline Tosh and "River Song" indie dyed yarn from Knitsomniac Designs. I messed up on the first four rows and am struggling with the purl stitch, but made good progress while on vacation.

Started a crocheted temperature blanket. I blame Instagram for introducing me to conceptual knitting/crocheting. Each color represents a five degree temperature range and each row represents one day. After a year, I will have a crocheted blanket that is a visual representation of the daily high temperatures for 2016. Thanks to a road trip, I've already finished January's rows and a good chunk of February's.

Adapted the Akita Blouse pattern to eliminate the clipped seam allowance issue I had with previous versions and started a new Akita blouse with Gleeful voile by Caroline Hulse.

Took the Glam Clam II class from Latifah Saafir and started a classic Glam Clam lap quilt for myself. I finished the top before the end of the month. I love how quick this pattern is!


Existing WIPs

Finally finished my Seattle Modern Quilt Guild 2015 Block of the Month quilt top! I have batting purchased and need to decide on a backing.

Wow! When I write it all out, that's quite a lot! Since this month is Me-Made-May, so far I’ve focused my creative energy on garment sewing, photography and social media/blogging. I’ll be writing another of these month in review posts before you know it. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that temperature is a very cool idea!!! Tempted to start one, but I have way too many projects on the go!

    ReplyDelete