Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 In Review

2016 was a very uneven year for me, creatively. It started strong, faltered in the middle, then picked back up again right at the end. Here's what I accomplished this year. 

Quilts 


This year, I really focused on finishing existing WIPs over starting new ones. I managed to complete my Unvalentine quilt, a Cross-Cut Mini quilt, a baby quilt, and a lap sized Glam Clam quilt. The Glam Clam quilt was far and away my favorite quilt that I finished this year. I also completed two quilt tops that I hope to turn into completed quilts in 2017. 

Garments 


In 2016, I finished nineteen garments: seventeen for myself and two for my daughter. While I had a few spectacular failures (my Firefly Aberdeen TunicMidnight Gust Akita Blouse and Basic Black Akita Blouse in particular), I also had some really great successes. I'm happiest with my Easter outfit (Chasing Butterflies Myrtle Dress and White Wembley Cardigan), while my Gleeful Akita Blouse probably got the most wear. I received a serger for Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to upping my garment sewing game in 2017. 

Four Akita Blouses 
Four Hemlock Tees 
Two Aberdeen Tunics 
Two City Gym Shorts (kids) 
One Hayden Tee 
One Myrtle Dress 
One Penny Raglan Tee 

Crochet/Knit


I started out 2016 crocheting and ended it almost exclusively knitting. I'm really happy I learned to knit this year. I will admit, that a lot of my quilting time was stolen by my knitting. Knitting is much easier to pick up and put down at a moment's notice. It's also very soothing. All in all, I finished four crocheted items and five knit items in 2016. My favorite is my Baltic Boneyard Shawl. 

Gift Bags


I didn't make very many gift bags the first ten months of 2016, but boy, did I make up for it in the last two months! The Origami Bento Bag tutorial from So Very Shannon reignited my gift bag making fire. By the end of the year, I made twenty-two gift bags, twelve of which are bento bags. I already have a few more cut out. 

2016 may not have been my best year, creatively, but I learned a lot and made a few things that I really love. Here’s to being more productive in 2017! Happy New Year! 

Here are past years' review posts: 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, and I love the variety of your finishes!

    ReplyDelete